Jamie Manko is a native of Ohio, but has called South Carolina home for the last 10 years. She’s been married an Air Force veteran for 9 years and has two spunky boys that keep her on her toes. Jamie has been creating art since she was little and should have been cleaning her room. Her preferred medium choices are anything 3-D; found objects, clay, wood, quilting, creating mandalas, and painting.
Jamie graduated in December of 2016 with a Master of Art in Art Therapy from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
- In application process of obtaining LPC/I from state of SC.
- In process of obtaining ATR provisional from ATBC.
South Carolina Department of Mental Health
Columbia Area Mental Health Center
Intern-Adult Intensive Services Behavioral Health and Insights Young Adult Program January 2016-December 2016
Facilitate individual and group therapy for clients diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and other mental illness and behavior disorders. Under supervision, collaborates with multidisciplinary treatment team and assists with Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Other responsibilities include, assisting with assessments, evaluations and treatment planning.
Art and Play Therapy Center of South Carolina
August 2014-December 2014
Observed and interacted with clients during therapy sessions. Helped maintained studio space. Participated in community outreach experiences with clients.
- NAMI walk-Community based art mandala project (2016)
- The Big Red Barn (2016)
- Bible study group Co-leader, Alice Drive Baptist Church (2015)
- Classroom Volunteer, Oakland Primary School and Millwood Elementary School (2014-2016)
- Columbia Art Center (2014)
- Mothers Of Preschoolers (MOPS) steering team member (2014-current)
- Vacation Bible School, Alice Drive Baptist Church (2012-2016)
- Substitute teacher, Kingdom Kids, Alice Drive Baptist Church (2012)
- Masters of Arts in Art Therapy, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (2006-2016)
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Toledo (2003-2005)
- Associate of Arts, Ashland University (1999-2001)
- American Art Therapy Association- student member (2013-2016)
- South Carolina Association of Art Therapists- student member (2016)
- Assisted president in legislative efforts to obtain licensure for art therapists in South Carolina